MemberClicks empowers member-based nonprofits to thrive through shockingly refreshing technology and a heart for service. That’s our mission statement, and we hire people who live and breathe it. For the past two years in a row, we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
Right now, we're looking for a talented Software Development Manager to join our Atlanta headquarters.
This role is responsible for building a high performance software engineering team that designs, builds, and deploys all MemberClicks products. This role is an excellent opportunity to grow an engineering team with an attractive, values-driven culture and take it to the next level. If your ideal work environment includes starched shirts, cubicles and red tape, then this job probably isn't for you!
- Recruit and hire engineers to staff teams with the appropriate skill sets and experience levels.
- Set clear performance expectations for team members; solicit, curate, and deliver feedback.
- Manage individual compensation in a way that incentivizes high performance.
- Develop team members by encouraging them to attend conferences, challenging them with appropriate projects, and encouraging them to join or form communities of practice.
- Mentor the team in effective collaboration with external stakeholders, especially customers.
- Market MemberClicks as a shockingly refreshing place to work to the larger Atlanta technical community.
- Ensure that each team member lives out the MemberClicks mission and core values.
- Must have 8+ years of experience as a software developer with a strong focus on Linux open-source technologies. You should have ample hands-on development experience to serve as an extremely capable mentor to young, growing software engineers.
- Two or more years of experience as a technical lead required. Line manager experience with full fire/hire and compensation management authority preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of the full software development lifecycle in an Agile framework such as Scrum, Kanban, or XP. CSM or similar Agile certifications would be a plus.
- A background in distributed web platforms, and experience with a SaaS distribution model preferred. Deployment onto a public cloud provider such as AWS or GCP would be a plus.
- Must be enthusiastic about learning new best practices and methodologies.
- Willing to work extended hours to meet deadlines when required, but this is not the norm.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent preferred.
Finally, consider the following
- Do you value working in a fun, innovative and casual professional environment?
- Do you want to work with exceptionally smart and talented individuals and have the opportunity to play a critical role in building a successful business?
We offer a competitive salary and bonus structure along with health and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401k, paid holidays and vacation, free Crossfit gym membership, and a flat out great environment to work. Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line "Software Development Manager."