MemberClicks empowers member-based nonprofits to thrive through shockingly refreshing technology and a heart for service. That’s our mission statement, and we hire people who live and breathe it. For the past two years in a row, we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
Right now, we’re looking for a dynamic SaaS-experienced Director of Finance and Accounting.
The candidate will work closely with the senior leadership team. The new Director will be responsible for designing and building a best-in-class FP&A function that will enable and support the company’s growth. This position is responsible for the general accounting functions such as: preparing financial statements, closing the books (i.e. journal entries, GL maintenance, account reconciliations) as well as the day-to-day duties of invoicing, payables, receivables and other miscellaneous accounting tasks. In addition, they will be responsible for leading value-added analysis, all financial planning activities (budgeting and forecasting) and strategic support to all new areas of the company.
The ideal candidate must possess an aggressive passion for driving the finance organization to new and higher levels through insight into business drivers and results. This person must have a strong knowledge of GAAP, an understanding of business objectives, proactively create analysis and tools to identify issues, provide recommendations for improvement and drive decisions and actions to optimize results.
The following are some of the expected duties and responsibilities:
- Financial reporting process: the monthly financial close, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statement package preparation.
- Preparation of detailed analyses of balance sheet and income statement accounts and analysis of key metrics
- Preparation of annual budgets and ongoing financial forecasting
- Management of company cash flow and bank reconciliations
- Working technical knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, principles and practices
- Intermediate level of experience working with accounting systems (i.e. QuickBooks and Netsuite)
- Intermediate level of computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook experience
- Experience with deferred revenue recognition is strongly preferred
- Leading the long-range financial planning, annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes to ensure accurate and timely projections for senior leadership, operational management and the Board of Directors
- Driving, creating and maintaining accurate P&L and supporting Product VP on optimized investments and individual business cases
- Developing and maintaining business and financial models to support decision-making processes
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, an individual must have and be able to effectively demonstrate the following required skills and abilities:
- Looking for a candidate with 3-5 years of experience, hungry to take their career to the next level
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (MBA a bonus)
- Experience providing critical input to the C suite and other members of senior management regarding the operational and financial performance of the Company, including recommendations for action
- Ability to recruit, train and develop exceptional analytical capabilities in others both inside the department and across the Company
- Strong communication skills with the ability to constructively explain business challenges to non-financial people as well as to effectively work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders at multiple levels
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining short, mid and long-term planning and forecasting models
- A history of driving an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and budgets that link to key corporate objectives, ensuring that all budgets and forecasts are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time
- Creativity, flexibility and an entrepreneurial mindset to the solution of business issues; sound business judgment
- The ability to keep teams on track and consistently meet and exceed deadlines
- Honest, creative, energetic and flexible, the use of good judgment with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
Finally, we hope that while doing all of the above you thrive in a casual and fun environment that values transparency, autonomy and forgiveness above all else. If your idea of an ideal work environment includes starched shirts, cubicles and red tape, then this job is definitely not for you!
Benefits include health, vision and dental insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k, paid holidays and paid vacation, CrossFit gym membership and a flat-out great environment to work.
For immediate consideration, contact MemberClicks at [email protected] with "Director of Finance" in the subject line.